We are here for your safe holiday in Crete.
When guests check into our hotel they will notice a number of adjustments to the Hotel’s operation designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for our guests and staff. It is crucial to meet the new health and safety challenges presented by the current pandemic environment.
New arrangements have been taken, new hygiene protocols have been implemented and our personnel is carefully trained to ensure health and safety on both sides.
In case any problem arises, immediate actions would be:
1. To record an illness
2. To monitor closely its development
3. To implement emergency procedures immediately, if needed
Below, you can find all additional arrangements verifying our hygiene status.
Verification of Status
1. All standards in the following areas have been audited and verified:
a. Prevention of the spread of infection
b. Food hygiene and health
c. Water safety and legionella prevention
d. Pool/Spa hygiene and safety
e. Room cleaning and housekeeping
2. Any suspicious incident will be maintained and recorded
3. All communications systems are in place to provide ongoing status reports to tour operators
Crisis Management and Business Continuity
1. All procedures and systems are in place to ensure that the hotel has a crisis management and business continuity plan
2. All additional arrangements are in place for implementing quarantine, separation, or isolation required by national protocol standards
1. Training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols to all employees
Personal Protective Equipment
1. Provision of personal protective equipment to all employees
2. Hand sanitizing stations for our guests and staff around public areas
1. Floor signage and informative posters for physical distance
2. Physical Distance between the sunbeds at the pool area
Cleaning and disinfection protocols
The hotel has chosen approved for use disinfectants effective against bacteria and viruses and appropriate for SARS- CoV-2.
1. Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols are used to clean guest rooms with attention to high touched surfaces
2. Steam cleaners for the disinfection of fabric surfaces such us sofas, chairs
3. Housekeeping trolleys are sanitized after each shift.
1. Increased cleaning regimes have been established in all public areas
2. All staff have been trained on maintaining social distancing
3. Reception staff have been trained on providing guests with the appropriate information upon arrival
4. Discrete physical barrier/screening have been considered for the protection of reception
5. Non-essential items that make effective cleaning difficult in public areas have been removed
6. Air Conditioning Cleaning, according to governmental protocols
7. One-way systems have been implemented to prevent the flow of guests from different areas creating congestion and reduce the social distancing effect
Front office desk
1. Guests personal data (address, telephone number, email) during check-in, for public health protection and the possible need of tracing
2. Appropriate floor signage for physical distancing
3. All key cards disinfected prior to use
4. POS terminals disinfected after guest use
5. A complete medical kit available at the front office
6. Credit cards as a payment method instead of cash will be reinforced.
7. Guests are informed for the services that are officially suspended or altered
Restaurant services Buffet / Dining Arrangements
1. A hand disinfection stand at the restaurant entrance
The Buffet will be self-serviced with appropriate physical distances by our guests.
1. Max capacity number of people in the pool is 1 person per 2,5m2.
2. Chairs and tables are arranged with appropriate physical distance and disinfected after each use.
Water Safety & Legionella Prevention
1. All water systems have been fully flushed and checked for the correct level of disinfection
2. Water has been tested for chemical characteristics and laboratory tested
3. Where necessary, the water has been subject to hyper chlorination or heat treatment.
Suppliers of goods & services
All our Contractors and suppliers of goods and services follow similar Safety Protocols measures.
The hotel has in place an action plan in case of COVID-19 suspected cases of guests or staff members which complies with Greece’s Hotel protocols and legislation. The Management of our Hotel is committed in fully implementing Greece’s Hotel Safety Protocols.
Thank you again for the time that you have spent reading this section.
We wish you a safe and pleasant stay in our hotel!
The Management team
199, Machis Kritis Platanias Rethymno | Telephone: +30 2831025523 | Email: [email protected]
MHTE : 1041Κ013Α0105600
Copyright © 2021 RETHYMNO VILLAGE